All of us are now aware of screen printing. It is a method where ink which is used for printing is passed through either a fabric or a netted/webbed surface. This is extended into a frame. A design stencil is used and with the aid of the squeegee, it is possible to transfer the colors into the stencil portions which are unblocked. This is a widely used method in the production of clothes like shirts and other garments.
With the latest fashion trends, many businesses are getting worried and anxious when it comes to using screen printing, the reason being for every color which needs to be incorporated on the garment, a separate screen needs to be used. There would be an increase in the production cost, thereby increasing the price of the end product. It is also not a wise decision to reduce the production quantity, as it would not be an economical proposition.
In spite of the above disadvantages, screen printing has top 5 benefits too which are worth mentioning:
1) Economical: When it comes to creating many copies – When you have to make copies in a wholesale quantity, screen printing is the right option. A simple example is tarpaulins for putting in your locality. The same panels are going to used again and again if you are going to make many copies. It is an economical way and works out cheaper. Cost recovery becomes easier and you would end up making good profits.
2) Quicker process – Screen printing is a quick process as compared to other methods of advertising. When your advertisement is viewed by millions of prospective customers, it would definitely convert some of these prospects into your clients. The process of screen printing is simple and hassle free. The only requisites are the screen panels and the requisite materials. With these, you can kick start your business. The colors dry quickly and you could start showing the ads to the targeted audience.
3) Larger Designs – When it comes to larger designs, screen printing is the ideal choice. You can choose to be more creative and resourceful when it comes to selecting the screen panel’s size. It is possible to make larger counterparts of the design, without any distortion to the texts and images. When it comes to digital printing, it is not very easy to make adjustments.
4) Wide range of utility – Screen printing can be used effectively for a variety of things. Screen printing is used for printing designs on clothes, fabrics and garments. It also caters to printing on product labels, printing of circuit boards, adding different designs to balloons etc.
5) Sturdy and Tough – Screen prints are tough and sturdy. In spite of exposing the screen printed fabrics to harsh conditions, the colors do not appear weary and dull. It would take quite some time for the colors and texts to become dull and unclear.
The colors used in screen printing are also environment friendly as compared to plastic inks. The colors are attractive and vivacious.